The TMYC run practical training sessions on all aspects of boat handling with some hands-on sessions and demonstrations using club member’s boats.
These are known as the Sunday Clinics and are open to all TMYC Members, and those attending the Navigation Classes at TMYC.
The topics can include:
- mooring on the river;
- mooring in a tidal stream;
- handling your boat in a lock;
- towing another (on the river and at sea);
- rope handling;
- manoeuvres in a tidal stream;
- skipper /crew responsibilities;
- safety in practice
- and much much more
The clinics are typically at the Riverside Bar, and some practical sessions may be carried out on one or more club member’s boats.