TMYC-theme-2019 uses wordpress twentytwelve theme as base.
- [default] or [ ] looks for template ‘page-pagetitle.php’, if not found then uses ‘page.php’
- page.php > content.php, sidebar.php
- sidebar.php: if page is child of Member(p904) then calls widget ‘member-sidebar’.
- member-sidebar is set in admin/ Appearance>Widgets>Members-Sidebar = Members-Menu
- [full width]and [front page] are in twentytwelve/page-templates.
- [full width] calls content-page.php
- [club page] is found in TMYCtheme2019/page-templates and includes widget ‘club-sidebar’ in sidebar.
- [training page] is found in TMYCtheme2019/page-templates, and has training submenu in sidebar.
- [member-only] is member-only-page.php template, and calls right-memb-sidebar.php that has it’s own menus and widget ‘Member Sidebar’ for additonal submenu.
|Page Title||assigned template||non-default use|
|The Club||[default]||Dummy page redirect to About|
|About The Club||[full-width]|
|– TMYC History||[club-page]|
|— 1930 – 1980||[club-page]|
|— 70th Year||[club-page]|
|— Diamond Jubilee||[club-page]|
|– Practical Boating Sessions||[centered]|
|Commodores Programme||[centered]||Short-code ‘tmyc-events’|
|– Find Us||[full-width]|
|– Complaints / suggestions||[member-only]|
|– Standing Orders||[member-only]|
|– Duty Officer Duties||[member-only]|
|– Standards, Traditions & Rules||[member-only]|
|– Members’ Handbook||[member-only]|
|– Dress Codes for Club Functions||[member-only]|
|– Events |
Lists all posts type ‘event’
|[default]||page-events.php > sidebar-right-memb.php|
|– Notices from the Hon.Sec. Lists all posts type ‘notice’||[default]||page-notices.php > sidebar-right-memb.php|
lists all posts with category = ‘minutes’
|Pages not accessed via menus|
|QuarterLines Back Copies||[default]|
|p92 Site Management||[default]|
|post type ‘event’||n/a||single.php > content-event.php,|
calls right-memb sidebar
|post type “notice”||n/a||single.php > content-notice.php,|
calls right-memb sidebar
When adding a new member’s Pages
Add a page with page Members as parent. This is important to restrict access to member’s only.
When adding a new training Pages
Add a page with page Training as parent.
When adding a new venue Pages
Add a page with page Venue Hire as parent.
Where a single photo appears, that is controlled by the page’s featured-image.
This is assigned in Admin > Page > Edit
This Document’s Versions
21nov2019 – theme TMYCtheme2019; add page-regalia
18sep1018 – updated template table
24sep1016 – changes to events
1oct2015: added template ‘member-only’ so that direct call of page for members only checks that the user is logged on before displaying anything..
1.1 Changes to the System
Events, 24 sept 2016
Request . We have events where it is necessary for members to fill in a booking form in addition to anything they may put on the on-line form. What would be nice is to have two types of event, those that can be booked on-line as at present and others where the form can be downloaded, filled in and sent back but with a list of bookings on-line. The list to be entered by the Office.
1. Via Admin> Toolset replaced event post field online_booking to book_online with radio buttons where :
None means no online booking. DB record content 0.
Members is as now, DB record content 1.
Office only to be the new facility, DB record content 2.
2. content-event.php v2.1 and page-events.php to load meta data ‘wpcf-book-online’ instead of ‘wpcf-onlne-booking’.
Events 22Nov 2019
Edit event – additional radio button ‘Closed. Office only’ stops members booking in regardless if event is full or not. This does not prevent organiser or office from adding bookings (max places permitting), or amending bookings.
Regalia, 22 nov 2019
added regalia page to display products and a regalia booking form.
This is accessible only to members.