The TMYC run practical training sessions on all aspects of boat handling with some hands-on sessions using club member’s boats.
This is open to all Club Members, and those attending the Navigation Classes at TMYC.
TMYC’s own training – the Sunday Clinics
For TMYC members, there is usually a series of Sunday Clinics where all aspects of boating are covered, in both theory and practical. The topics can include:
– mooring on the river;
– mooring in a tidal stream;
– handling your boat in a lock;
– towing another (on the river and at sea);
– rope handling;
– manoeuvres in a tidal stream;
– skipper /crew responsibilities;
– safety in practice
– and much much more
The clinics are typically at the Riverside Bar, and some practical sessions may be carried out on one or more club member’s boats.